woensdag 20 april 2011

50 Books Challenge - # 21: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares

Title: The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants
Author: Ann Brashares
Story: A pair of jeans purchased at a thrift store is the unlikely bond that keeps four best friends emotionally connected during the first summer that they spend physically apart. Carmen doesn't think much of the pants she buys for $3.49, until she and her pals discover their magical quality. The jeans which fit each girl perfectly despite their very different body types serve as a surrogate friend for Tibby, Carmen, Lena and Bridget as they wrestle with new issues of first love, jealousy, fear and sadness in the months before their junior year of high school. Each girl has a turn with the pants, then sends them on to the next person in the rotation; by summer's end, when the friends are reunited, the jeans will be the symbol of what the girls have experienced
Start: april 18th 2011
End: april 20th 2011
Comment: I'm in my late twenties, but I really wanted to finally read this series. I always love books (and movies) with multiple storylines. Here it's about four girlfriends who are so very different from each other. Ann Brashares created such loveable characters, that it's impossible to choose your favorite. Each one of them had good qualities and characteristics that you recognize from yourself or your own friends. I liked Carmen because she's such a warm and caring person. I liked Bridget free spirit. I liked Tibby's honesty. I liked Lena's creativity and that she didn't care much for the fact that everybody says she so beautiful. The stories are all either heartwarming, funny, touching or sweet. I think Bridgets story was my favorite and if I had to pick one character it would be her. Carmen is a good second. I will definitely continue reading the rest of the series. These are perfect for the summer.
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: