zaterdag 9 april 2011

50 Books Challenge - # 18: Watership Down by Richard Adams

Title: Watership Down
Author: Richard Adams
Story: Fleeing the intrusion of man and the certain destruction of their ancestral home, a band of rabbits encounters harrowing trials posed by predators and hostile warrens — driven only by their vision to create a perfect society in a mysterious promised land known to them as Watership Down.
Start: april 3rd 2011
End: april 9th 2011
Comment: I remember reading it for English class in High School and I wanted to reread this book for quite some time now. I finally got to it. I loved reading this book, because we see everything through the eyes of the rabbits. The characters in "Watership Down" are loveable, also human-like, although you respect the rabbits more than the humans. This is not just a book about rabbits. It's about friendship, enemies, leadership, bravery and pride. I think we adults can learn so much from them. It's such a beautiful book, that I can hardly put it in to words. I simply love it.
Rating: 5/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: