dinsdag 1 februari 2011

50 Books Challenge - # 6: An Abundance of Katherines by John Green

Title: An Abundance of Katherines
Author: John Green
Story: When it comes to relationships, Colin Singleton's type is girls named Katherine. And when it comes to girls named Katherine, Colin is always getting dumped. Nineteen times, to be exact.
On a road trip miles from home, this anagram-happy, washed-up child prodigy has ten thousand dollars in his pocket, a bloodthirsty feral hog on his trail, and an overweight, Judge Judy-loving best friend riding shotgun — but no Katherines. Colin is on a mission to prove The Theorem of Underlying Katherine Predictability, which he hopes will predict the future of any relationship, avenge Dumpees everywhere, and finally win him the girl.
Start: january 28nd 2011
End: january 31st 2011
Comment: I was expecting a lot, because I heard a lot of good things about this book and its author John Green. Unfortunately I didn't feel the same way. I couldn't get into this book. I really wanted to like the book, but I just didn't. There wasn't a lot going on and I couldn't always keep my attention while reading this novel. The footnotes where fun in the beginning, but I stopped reading them after ten chapters. I did like Greens writing style, it's fresh and original and I also liked Colin's buddy Hassan. I did eventually finish it, but I was so disappointed. Maybe I should give Greens other novels a try and I will like them more. But this one just didn't do it for me.
Rating: 2/ 5

Geen opmerkingen: