vrijdag 6 augustus 2010

Best of... Rachel McAdams

She was recently the subject of my pic spam and I reviewed one of her films a couple of days ago. So I thought it was about time to make a 'best of-list'. She hasn't been in a lot of movies, but she starred in a couple of good ones. Here they are.

"The Notebook"
I think this is one of my favorite lovestories ever. I read the book before I saw the movie and they are not very different from each other. Rachel as Allie is great and together with Ryan Gosling she formes a very nice couple. And the kiss is the most memorable, one of the best movie kisses ever.

"Wedding Crashers"
It's mostly because of Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn, but Rachel McAdams has a good supporting role. And again, she is great in combination with her co-star, this time Wilson. It's one of the funniest movies.

"Red Eye"
This one is super exciting. The idea of being in a plane at night and the guy next to you treathens you. Scary. I love this movie. And she deserves all the credit.

"State of Play"
I only saw it once, but I really liked the film. Russell Crowe, Ben Affleck and Helen Mirren are alos in it. Good story, solid performance.

"The Time Traveler's Wife"
I reviewed it very recently, but I can't say enough good things about this one. It's also a lovestory and Rachel is the big star. She steals every scene that she's in. Two thumbs up!!

"Sherlock Holmes"
It's not just Rachel here. I wanted to see this movie when I saw the trailer because a. I love Robert Downey Jr. b. I love Sherlock Holmes and c. I adore Rachel McAdams. So three things! One of the best movies of the year.

I really want to see "The Lucky Ones" because that sounds great too and it also has Tim Robbins in it. He's also one of my favorites. And I just read that Rachel is going to be in the Sherlock sequel. First I didn't think she was going to be a part of that project. I'm glad she is. I also watched a trailer from her upcoming movie "Morning Glory" with Harisson Ford. Looks fun. I read on imdb.com that she's doing a movie with Owen Wilson again and Marion Cotillard and Adrien Brody are also in that one. It's called "Midnight in Paris" and she is going to film a movie with Christian Bale and Javier Bardem. That one still doesn't have a title. Lots of McAdams to look forward to.

Geen opmerkingen: