vrijdag 30 juli 2010

New books


I recently ordered some books and I got them in the mail today. I have a lot of books to read, so I'll have to wait to read those. But here's what I got:

- "Eat, Pray, Love" by Elizabeth Gilbert: It's a true story about Liz Gilbert, who has everything she could ever dream about: a husband, a house and a succesfull career. Yet like so many others, she found herself lost, confused, and searching for what she really wanted in life. Newly divorced and at a crossroads, Gilbert steps out of her comfort zone, risking everything to change her life, embarking on a journey around the world that becomes a quest for self-discovery. In her travels, she discovers the true pleasure of nourishment by eating in Italy; the power of prayer in India, and, finally and unexpectedly, the inner peace and balance of true love in Bali. There's also a movie coming out, with Julia Roberts but I want to read the book before I go see the movie.

- "The Time Traveler's Wife" by Audrey Niffenegger: Henry DeTamble has a genetic anomaly that allows him to travel in time; however, he is not able to control the moment or the destiny of his voyages. When the stranger Clare Abshire meets him in the library, she invites him to have dinner with her, where she confesses that she has been in love with him since she was six years old. Henry learns that he had visited her many times in the real state of her parents and he falls in love with her. Sooner they get married, but the life of Clare becomes troubled with the successive unexpected travels of her beloved husband. I've seen the movie with Rachel McAdams and Eric Bana, which I loved, and I didn't know it was a book until after I saw the movie. So that made me want to read the book.

- "The Lovely Bones" by Alice Sebold: Susie Salmon is a 14-year-old girl who gets murdered by her neighbour Mr. Harvey. She tells the story from heaven and sees how her family tries to move on or is still trying to deal with Susie's death. I also saw this movie, but I wanted to read the book anyway.

Can't wait to start reading those, but like I said there's a pile waiting for me. So, lots of reading to do in my summer vacation!!

Geen opmerkingen: