donderdag 29 juli 2010

Best of... Leonardo DiCaprio

I'm liking him more and more. Almost every new movie I watch with him is awesome. And then I haven't seen "Shutter Island" and "Inception" yet. I'm excited to see both movies (I didn't get the chance to see "Shutter Island" yet and I'm planning on going to see "Inception" very soon). But for now I made a list of my favorite Leo movies.

"What's Eating Gilbert Grape?"
Also good because of Johnny Depp, but Leonardo kinda steels the show in this one. And he got his first Oscar nomination for this film and he was such a young boy here.

"This Boy's Life"
Great story, very dramatic at some points. Robert DeNiro is actually the best one here, but I also loved Leonardo.

"Gangs of New York"
The character with the weirdest first name (Amsterdam? Really?). But it's a fantastic movie. I also mentioned this on Cameron Diaz' list. I really love the scenes with the gang fights. Beautifully shot!

"Catch Me If You Can"
One of the most genious characters he ever played. Great story, nice combination of comedy and light drama. Kind of a cat and mouse game. Thumbs up!

"The Aviator"
This is his best role, fantastic performance and he also got nominated for this movie. His role is very intense and he really surprised me. Great job Leo!

"The Departed"
Just great. Can't say anything else.

"Blood Diamond"
Touching story and sometimes a little disturbing. I can't imagine that it went down like that there. People say Leo's African accent was a little fake, but my brother said it was authentic. He went to Africa so he knows. Leonardo DiCaprio was very good, also in combination with Jennifer Connolly, who I also love!

Like I said, I didn't see "Shutter Island" and "Inception" yet, but when I do, you'll probably see them as movie tips (that's if I liked them). And you might have noticed that "Titanic" isn't on my list. I think that's one of the most overrated movies EVER. I think it sucks and it never should've won so many Academy Awards. But that's just my opinion, so don't shoot me please ;)

Geen opmerkingen: