maandag 3 augustus 2009

Movie Tip #35 - He's Just Not That Into You

Director: Ken Kwapis

Starring: Ginnifer Goodwin, Justin Long, Jennifer Aniston, Ben Affleck, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Connelly, Drew Barrymore, Kevin Connolly, Scarlett Johansson

Description: In Baltimore, five women and four men try to sort out the signals that the sexes exchange. Gigi (Ginnifer Goodwin) imagines every man she meets is Mr. Right; she gets reality checks from Alex (Justin Long), a sweet but cynical saloon keeper. Janine (Jennifer Connelly) and Ben (Bradley Cooper) seem solidly married until he chats with Anna (Scarlett Johansson) in a market checkout line; meanwhile Anna is indifferent to the pursing Connor (Kevin Connolly). Neil (Ben Affleck) and Beth (Jennifer Aniston) have been together seven years; she dumps him when she realizes he really and truly isn't going to marry her. Does he love her? And Mary (Drew Barrymore) sells advertising while searching on line for a man. Will those in love stay in love? Will those searching figure out who is and who isn't into them? Are men all that different from women?

Review: I really wanted to see this movie ever since I saw its trailer. And I loved it. I've always been a big fan of multiple storyline movies. My favourite was the one with Gigi and Alex. I also loved Beth, she's so sweet and I really felt sorry for her. Just like I felt sorry for Janine. I didn't really like Scarlett Johansson in this film, because she didn't really convince me here. Normally I love her, but now I didn't. And her character is very annoying as well. But the complete picture of this film measures up to my expectations. I really enjoyed watching it. For fans of the genre they should really check it out.

Geen opmerkingen: