maandag 23 februari 2009

And the winner is....

Best motion picture of the year:
"Slumdog Millionaire"
They deserved it, because I absolutely loved this movie. It's simple, but so inspiring and touching. And Jamal is just a very likeable character.

Best performance by an actor in a leading role:
Sean Penn for "Milk"
I didn't expect that at all. I really tought Micky Rourke would go home with the oscar. But Sean Penn, being one of my favourites, also deserves it. I didn't see "Milk" yet, but I know he plays a wonderfull role.

Best performance by an actress in a leadinr role:
Kate Winslet for "The Reader"
I knew she was going to win, but I was really hoping for Anne Hathaway. I think that Kate was nominated for better movies, this isn't her best role. Anne, by the way, played at her best. So no, I don't think this is the right winner.

Best performance by an actor in a supporting role:
Heath Ledger for "The Dark Knight"
These roles never get nominated, let alone win. His role was great, no doubt about that, but I think it's mostly out of respect for Heath.

Best performance by an actress in a supporting role:
Penelope Cruz for "Vicky Cristina Barcelona"
I tought she would win this and she also deserves it. I was secretly hoping for Amy Adams or Marisa Tomei, because they are so loveable, but I can live with Penelope winning.

Best achievement in directing:
Danny Boyle for "Slumdog Millionaire"
Great. This isn't Boyles best film (I loved "Trainspotting"), but I think this is OK.

I really loved Hugh Jackman as a host. Especially his opening song was fantastic (The part about Benjamin Button was the best).

Geen opmerkingen: